Steam Punk Spider automata

Well after nearly 2 weeks it is complete and working!
It would have been done earlier but I decided to add some extra movement. The mandibles move (not much though) and I've put a little motor into the body to turn a big wheel. it doesn't actually do anything but I like it!
Let me know what you think.

I feel really pleased with the end result, especially as it was my first go. Some of the movements are a bit sluggish (not helped in the video by me turning the sculpture while operating it) but this could be rectified if I rebuilt it. I've learnt a lot and it became more ambitious as it went along and as my confidence grew. The one thing that I think lets it down is the head, I was so engrossed in the mechanism for the body I really didn't consider this until too late so it was a bit bodged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment