steam punk wheel chair

This figure is quickly taking shape, but has changed dramatically from the original sketch in that he is now in a wheel chair. I always wanted the mechanical bits in his back so this is a fairly logical evolution. This has meant some rethinking of the figure's coat, which was originally intended to be a long leather one. I am thinking more along the lines of a lots of straps and rivets, a mix of Edward Scissorhands and the work of Stephane Halleux. (If you dont know this sculptors amazing assemblages check the link out)
I am still determined to recreate this figure as an automata, I've figured out the basics but I want to add some thing a bit weird, maybe something slowly coming out of a door in his back. Not sure how yet but it will be a fun challenge!








0 comments:

Post a Comment